Leavenworth County Humane Society, Inc. (LCHS), serving all of Leavenworth County, is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, financially supported by the generosity of our donors.
LCHS, Inc. is the ONLY organization working to build and operate a no-kill pet animal shelter to serve all Leavenworth County residents.
LCHS, Inc. is not a government entity, a law enforcement agency, or an animal control agency. We receive no taxpayer funds.
LCHS, Inc is not a subsidiary of any national organization.
You can designate your donation be used specifically for the Building Fund, or choose another program.
LCHS welcomes your input. Email LCHS The most efficient way to reach us is by e-mail.
Leavenworth County sets the standard for humane communities – becoming a place where all animals are treated humanely, and every pet has a loving forever home.
We believe that:
- Animals are capable of pleasure and pain and are worthy of human compassion.
- Humans have a moral responsibility to treat animals humanely.
- People want to provide lifelong appropriate care for their animals.
- Companion animals enhance the quality of human life.
- Violence, cruelty and neglect toward animals is related to violence, cruelty and neglect toward humans.
- Promoting compassion toward animals encourages people to treat each other with respect and kindness.
- Humane communities attract law-abiding responsible citizens that contribute to the overall quality of life for all.